Preschool and Child Care Center Education Administrator Job Profile and Description
The academic head of a preschool learning and day care center is the Preschool and Child Care Education Administrator who is responsible for the mental and physical development of 2-5 year old children enrolled in their facilities. The administrator plans, directs, manages and coordinates both academic and extracurricular activities for the center, managing its resources and providing administrative guidance and supervision of its child specialists and early learning educators who use play-to-learn teaching methods.
Preschool and Child Care Center Education Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Track the individual child’s learning progress and provide feedback to guardians and parents.
- Plan and develop the school’s learning methods with inputs from the faculty and eternal education officials and consultants to ensure they remain best of breed.
- Conduct regular meetings with parents and staff to discuss learning policies and methodologies as well as solutions of current and potential problems.
- Provide educational standards and objectives against which performance and conduct can be measured against.
- Recruit, evaluate and hire primary and early education teachers as well as support administrative staff and provide opportunities for career training and advancement.
- Prepare and finalize budgets and set the school tariffs
Preschool and Child Care Center Education Administrator Skills and Specifications
- Must have genuine love and concern as well supreme patience in handling difficult children.
- Must have excellent communications in both oral and written media.
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical and reasoning skills.
Preschool and Child Care Center Education Administrator Education and Qualifications
- A BS degree in Child Psychology, education administration and related fields is basic
- A master’s degree is an advantage where there is high competition for the position.
Preschool and Child Care Center Education Administrator Salary
The hourly median salary of a Preschool and Child Care Education Administrator in 2009 stood at $19.8 or about $42,000 annualized. This salary varies between preschools and between states.
Category: Education Job Descriptions