Sample Production Engineer Job Description and Profile
Production Engineer professionals play a vital role, liaising between various business entities to deliver superior designs that fit for manufacturing process and also provide engineering solutions to errors that may arise through designing and manufacturing process. The main responsibility of production engineer is to create, document, develop, and implement procedures required to assemble, test, process, and manufacture the products of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering quality manufacturing engineering solutions to hardware, operational, development, and production needs.
- Representing the manufacturing department at customer liaison engineering and product development meetings.
- Establishing productive dynamic working relationships with engineering, design, and planning departments to maintain regular association to discuss agree and issues improvements.
- Helping and mentoring in the development of novice production engineers.
- Estimating staffing requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions.
- Working closely with production department to develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for employees.
- Collaborating with configuration control and design engineering regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Coordinating work with tool room personnel, assigned technicians, and outside vendors.
- Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures into production environments.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to grasp modern technology quickly.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Production from an accredited college.
- Engineering in production equivalent field.
- Master’s degree in production or manufacturing related engineering field is an added advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions