Production Engineer Job Profile and Description
Production Engineer is an individual who possess the wide range of knowledge on manufacturing and production process. Production engineer plays a crucial role in an organization, liaising across various business professionals to deliver designs equipped for manufacture and providing solutions to the problems concerning the design and manufacturing process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Representing the manufacturing department at customer and product development liaison meetings and ensuring effective implementation of design practices to meet customer needs.
- Establishing productive working relationships with engineering, planning, design teams to maintain customary liaison.
- Planning and coordinating various procedures concerning in an organization.
- Delivering quality engineering production solutions in learned response to development, hardware, manufacturing, and operational needs.
- Planning, determining, coordinating, and controlling the processes concerning to production
- Ensuring that strong and efficient teamwork culture exists within the production team.
- Implementing project schedules and plans in a timely effective manner.
- Taking initiation and directing various procedures to increase final outcome of the organization.
- Directing the production team members and introducing efficient methods of production line.
- Identifying risk mitigation actions and risks.
- Mentoring and developing novice production engineers.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to resolve problems
- Ability to interpret complex mechanical or electro technical drawings.
- Ability to work good in tight deadlines.
- Ability to operate productively with others.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pay attention to minute detail and quality.
- Initiative, adaptive, and willingness to learn.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronic, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering from an accredited institution.
- Masters degree in any related engineering field is an added advantage.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions