Project Management Job Description and Profile
Project Management is the core company activity, which is the application of skills, knowledge, techniques, and tools throughout the project activities to achieve the predetermined objectives of quality, scope, cost, and time, to the equal expectations of those involved. On the whole, project manager is responsible for the coordination, direction, implementation, control and completion, execution of specific projects consistently with company strategy, goals and commitments. Project Managers use project management software to maintain a track of project deliverables and resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing project development and execution from instauration to closure.
- Working with project sponsor for the culmination of project charter outlining goals, budget, timing, deliverables, project scope, and required resources.
- Completing work breakdown structure for the estimation of efforts needed for each task.
- Preparing and providing a project schedule to all participants to indentify the commencement of their tasks.
- Communicating clearly the expectations to project sponsors and team members.
- Resolving issues and solving problems throughout the project cycle.
- Determining the requirement of external contractors or consultants to accomplish the project plan, recruiting and managing appropriate staffing if required.
- Tracking and reporting project milestones and providing status reports to project sponsors.
- Leading, coaching, and motivating members of project team on a positive basis.
- Determining the test results of project and completing post-project evaluations to determine the expected results.
- Developing tools and applying best practices for the execution and project management.
- Ensuring successful archive of project documents after the project completion.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of project management tools and software packages.
- Ability to operate well in fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Operational, technical marketing and management skills.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Leadership qualities and excellent problem-solving ability.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology related field from an accredited institution.
- 5-10 years hand-on experience in project management activities.
- Masters degree in Business related field is an added advantage.
Category: Management Job Descriptions