Property Management Job Description and Profile
Property manager is an individual who studies the existing market, and helps the client to make appropriate selections while purchasing the property. The property manager’s major responsibility is to handle all business activities of the organization or the client. Most property managers specialize in one kind of property such as commercial, residential, or industrial properties.
Duties and Specifications
- Analyzing and marketing vital information regarding government zoning policies and regulations, taxes, population growth, future property values, and traffic volume in the property premises.
- Advising clients on ways to maintain and increase their property value
- Investigating all aspects of owning property, including registration, accounting, and payment of taxes, maintenance, and reporting.
- Negotiating property sales contracts, managing building protection projects, scheduling maintenance of contracts, compiling information for financial reports.
- Resolving client complaints and any conflicts.
- Helping in advertising property available for rent or lease, selecting tenants, making lease or rental agreements, collecting rents and deposits, and supervising eviction in rent agreement violation cases.
- Providing updates to the owners regarding the property’s physical condition, and financial arrangements.
- Scheduling all repairs and maintenance with vendors, and ensuring the proper care of the property.
- Researching actively and staying abreast of industry trends and market drivers.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to provide timely and accurate response to clients.
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of business practices and principles.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Effective negotiating and management skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or real estate from an accredited college.
- A master’s degree in business administration is an added advantage.
Category: Management Job Descriptions