Public Defender Investigator Job Profile and Description
A public defender investigator is responsible for investigating the cases of offence and criminal charge against a person who is represented by a public defender.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A public defender investigator has to collect evidence related to the case.
- He has to cross-examine the eyewitnesses, criminals and alleged persons.
- He has to build up sources and systematize information.
- He has to do lot of research work and evaluate the case.
- He has to examine the place where crime has taken place and take necessary pictures.
- He has to collect and analyse the data and keep the files of each case ready.
- He has to well manage the documents related to the case.
- He has to assist the prosecutors in making strategy for the trials.
- He has to maintain good relations with all the people who are concerned with the public defender’s office
Skills and Specifications
- A public defender investigator should be a responsible person who can handle the case investigations.
- He should be a person with good communication skills as he has to collect proofs from different people for the case.
- He should to be a person with analytical mind who can solve any problem.
- He should be sharp-eyed and inquisitive person.
- He should be well versed with computer.
- He should have the ability to think out of the box and not just accept what is told to him.
- He should be good in writing as this job requires a lot of paper work.
- He should be ready to face any challenge as many of the criminal cases are critical.
Education and Qualifications
One needs to have a bachelors and masters degree in law to be a public defender investigator. He can be a graduate in sociology or psychology as well.
Category: Legal Job Descriptions