Public Relations Trainee Job Profile and Description
A public relation trainee’s job is quite challenging since he is new to it, and is learning the ropes still. This is a job which will train him for higher posts within the public relations sector and this involves interacting with customers, understanding how a company incorporates its clients into its operations and trying to help customers deal with their problems effectively.
A public relations trainee is part of the public face of the company and hence a lot rests on his demeanour and eagerness to help people at work. Courtesy, manners, politeness are all very important assets of the job and it must be done well if the person is to progress from being a trainee to a full time worker in the public relations division of a company or institution.
Public Relations Trainee Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a public relations trainee will involve:
- A public relations trainee is involved in learning the basics of public relations management, which is crucial to the success of any company. This involves dealing with customers and clients on a polite note and addressing their problems.
- A public relations trainee will have to take down the grievances and complaints of the customers and ensure that there is correct and prompt response to all their complaints and grouses. This is the most important job duty of a public relations trainee.
Public Relations Trainee Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a public relations trainee include:
- A public relations trainee is required to have excellent communication skills in order to deal with the clients effectively and understand their problems. They represent the public face of the company and this is a critical work skill that cannot be obtained through formal education.
- A public relations trainee has to work with sophisticated software. Thus computer skills and word processing skills are also required to be possessed by the public relations trainee.
Public Relations Trainee Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a public relations trainee are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or any other field.
- Vocational training certificate or a certificate in secretarial training.
Public Relations Trainee Salary
A public relations trainee earns around 35,000 USD per annum but this depends on the duration of the training, the nature of the training and the company that he is associated with.
Category: Trainee Job Descriptions