Publishing Director Job Profile and Description
Publishing Director of a publishing house can be of different stature depending on the size of the organization.
The publishing director of a publishing house is almost like its owner; hence, whatever be the size of the company, the duties of the publishing directors are ample. Though they are removed from the task of looking after the petty day- to- day developments, they bear the entire responsibility of running the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining the type of books and articles that the publishing house would publish. Much depends on the choice that he makes for it makes the company’s progress.
- Ensuring that the publications that are being made meet the standard of industrial excellence, which is needed to make the company reach great heights of success.
- Participating in the line editing and copyediting of the manuscripts. But then this is mostly done in small publishing houses.
- Supervising the different teams of employees in the publishing house. From editors to lawyers, accountants to clerical staff all are supervised by the publishing director himself.
- Looking after matters related to production of a book and every other factor associated with it.
Skills and Specifications
- Adequate expertise pertaining to the publishing world.
- Great skills in vision and acquisition.
- Eye for proof reading.
- Good marketing skills.
- Great communication skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in literature, journalism, mass communications with strong grasp over English.
- Knowledge of editing, copyediting, reviewing write ups is added advantages.
Category: Director Job Descriptions