Quality Control Job Profile and Description
The job of a Quality Control officer is a highly focused position to ensure that the products manufactured in the organization fits the purpose and meets the customer expectations and legal compliance. The quality control officers develop and coordinate special activities and programs necessary to meet and maintain quality standards and reliability of manufactured products. They document the product’s test results and provide suggestions required to attain the best quality product possible. They may specialize in areas such as inventory control, product design, research and development or purchase.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluating the company’s product specifications and examining them with customer requirements.
- Setting quality assurance compliance objectives to achieve the targets.
- Promoting performance improvement and quality assurance programs throughout the organization.
- Ensuring product compliance with international and national legislation and standards.
- Defining quality measures in conjunction with working staff.
- Understanding, evaluating, and executing the tests and procedures properly and investigating the product modifications.
- Directing workers engaged in testing and measuring product, tabulating the data relating product quality, materials
- Maintaining and setting up documentation and control procedures.
- Supervising technical team in carrying out checks and tests.
- Monitoring performance by collecting relevant information and preparing statistical reports.
- Determining relevant quality associated training requirements and delivering training.
- Contemplating the application of health and safety, and environmental standards.
- Collating and analyzing performance charts and data against defined parameters.
- Writing management and technical systems reports.
- Collating the staff of various disciplines and driving them to plan, develop and agree broad quality procedures.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to motivate and influence people.
- Organizing, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as a part of a team.
- Good statistical and numerical ability.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with processing and manufacturing as a subject from an accredited institution.
- Degree in business, management, food science or technology.
Category: Manufacturing Job Descriptions