Real Estate Assistant Job Profile and Description
A real estate assistant works alongside real estate brokers and other personnel in the respective field [of real estate business], thereby helping them perform jobs properly and in the desired manner and, thus, needs to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all issues that form part of the business execution at the particular company. It is the assistant who needs to handle the operation of all the jobs, at least during the initial stages of conducting an agreement, and also report in details to respective supervisors.
Information of the real estate sector, specific terminologies, rules and regulations, etc. must be well possessed by the real estate assistant. Also, he needs to look into training programs at times, so a practical experience in devising effective strategies for real estate business and executing them properly is required of assistants. Necessary education and formal training at the job front is necessary for any individual to properly assist in real estate tasks.
Real Estate Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities need to be handled by a real estate assistant:
- A real estate assistant has to perform the basic tasks of an assistant, as in any other company. He needs to get ready all resources, paperwork, legal documents, and/or plans/designs of real estate contracts before the actual execution of business.
- The real estate assistant must keep track of all the happenings in the real estate world and latest updates of contemporary projects, so as to provide his superior(s) with all necessary information whenever required, thereby assisting in devising most effective strategies that will bring in maximum profits.
- It is the duty of a real estate assistant to ensure that all legal procedures have been completed as per standard regulations of the State. Any complication or pending legal works must be immediately brought under the notice of the officer-in-charge.
- Effective marketing and promotion of real estate properties are important job responsibilities of a real estate assistant.
- Properties that are to be bought or overtaken by the firm needs to be thoroughly researched and that is generally the duty of a real estate assistant. He is also responsible of managing clients and customers and maintaining properties that are to be sold by the firm.
Real Estate Assistant Skills and Specifications
- Logical, analytical, as well as administrative skills are very important to be possessed by a real estate assistant. Also, organizational abilities are highly required.
- Clear concepts and understanding of the real estate business is required in these jobs.
- Innovativeness and creativity are vital skills to be exhibited.
- Communication abilities and computer literacy are expected.
Real Estate Assistant Education and Qualification
- A minimum qualification – a High School degree, is expected.
- Graduation in Management or Finance or any other field of study helps place individuals in better positions.
- Working experience or formal training in the real estate sector.
- Specific certification or licensure may be required as per company norms.
Real Estate Assistant Salary
A real estate assistant, on an average, earns in the range of $32,000 – $45,000 per annum. Salaries vary with individual credentials and also with experience, job position, etc. Assistants who handle multitude of tasks are generally paid at rates higher than the average.
Category: Business Job Descriptions