Receiving Clerk Job Profile and Description
Receiving Clerks are also widely known as shipping clerks and are a vital part of manufacturing, retailing, export and aviation companies. A receiving clerks are entry rank positions where in a candidate requires working under the vigilance of a receiving associate or a receiving supervisor, they require working in dynamic and evolving conditions and complying with necessary safety, handling and legal procedures for work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Efficiently following the orders of the supervising authority and reporting to the same.
- Counting, sorting, and weighing all inbound goods and authenticating the receipt of the same in accord with the shipping note.
- Inspecting the received goods, making note of any damages and discrepancies, and immediately reporting the same.
- Keeping a record of all received goods
- Proposing suggestions to the supervisor with regard to the documentation, storage and procurement of goods.
- Coordinating with the transporter and other workers of the organization for smoothly receiving of goods.
- Completing all legal formalities, procedures and paper work for receiving the goods.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have strong communication skills and the knowledge of using a PC for data entry.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Knowledge of the safety, legal and handling procedures of goods.
- Ability to effectively manage time and take orders.
Education and Qualifications
- High school graduate or a GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in retailing, merchandising, stocktaking, supply chain or any related field of study.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions