Regional Operations Manager Job Profile and Description
A Regional operations manager is an individual who is required to handle all the day to day activities of an organisation’s regional business. Regional operations managers are generally hired by those companies who have several offices in different regions of the same city or different cities or countries.
A regional operations manager is responsible for supervising all the activities which can help an organisation reach its set goals and objectives. He/she must be skilled and should be able to fulfill several duties and responsibilities.
Regional Operations Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The major regional operations manager duties and responsibilities are provided below
- The primary duty of a regional operations manager is to direct overall responsibilities to achieve the desired revenue of a particular region or area.
- He/she is responsible for development of budgets and bringing in maximum returns or profits.
- Whatever the profit or loss is incurred by the company’s regional office is also the responsibility of the regional operations manager.
- Hiring of new employees and their training etc is another duty of a regional operations manager.
- Some other job duties include planning, assigning and directing work and tasks and supervising all those activities which will help the business to grow and develop.
Regional Operations Manager Skills and Specifications
The following are some of the skills which a regional operations manager needs to possess.
- Exceptional managerial and organisational skills.
- Good leadership qualities and administrative abilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in deadline and pressure situations.
- Ability to direct employees and delegate work based on individual’s skills and qualifications.
- A regional operations manager must also be good at computers and must have knowledge of marketing and sales.
Regional Operations Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Regional operations manager are given below:
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject, preferably business administration is a necessary requirement which a regional operations manager must possess.
- MBA is another degree which is preferred by most employers.
- About 5-7 years of experience in the chosen field or industry is generally needed.
Regional Operations Manager Salary
A Regional operations manager can expect to earn an average annual salary of $71000 though this figure may vary depending upon individual’s skills and work experience.
Category: Management Job Descriptions