Retail Sales Associate Job Profile and Description
Retail Sales Associates work in stores for generating sales and bringing in revenue for the establishment. This job requires a blend of skill, competency and immense dedication. Retail sales associates mostly report into a sales manager and work on their directions for meeting the company’s objective. Candidates in the field of retail sales are also often required to attend training and appraisal programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interacting with customers, giving them product presentations and convincing them to make purchases.
- Strategizing to meet assigned sales targets in the given period of time.
- Completing all the assigned tasks by the retail sales manager.
- Keeping a track of the stock and inventory in the store and placing orders for replenishing the stock.
- Maintaining the proper display of goods in the store and ensuring that they comply with the quality standards.
- Evaluating market trends and keeping track of new products and prices in the market.
- Attending sales training activities.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess good written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Should have good interpersonal skills for interacting with customers and as well as convincing abilities.
- Should be a team player and have the ability of meeting assigned targets.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or an associate’s degree in retailing, merchandise management, sales and marketing or any other related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree or diploma in marketing, sales or any other related discipline with about 3 to 4 years experience in the field of retail sales.
Category: Retail Job Descriptions