Retail Sales Clerk Job Profile and Description
A Retail Sales Clerk plays a significant role in the day-to-day functionality of a store. A person in this position is required to conduct all functions relating to billing, packaging, bookkeeping, and inventory management. A retail sales clerk typically assists sales associates in their tasks and is also commonly referred to as retail sales associates or customer sales associates.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping store customers in locating products in the store.
- Giving product demonstration and details to the clients.
- Ensuring that the displayed products in the store comply with all company standards
- Following standard operating procedures of the store.
- Completing all tasks assigned by the sales manager.
- Maintaining cleanliness and proper display order of products in the store.
- Assisting the customers in billing and packaging process at checkout.
- Coordinating and synchronizing work with other department of the store.
- Maintaining all records of sold inventory and filling order forms for new store purchases.
- Reporting loss and damage of products, customer feedback and complaints to the sales or store manager.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess good written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Should have good interpersonal skills for interacting with customers and understanding their requirements.
- Should have the ability of working in a team and meeting assigned targets.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or GED equivalent qualification from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma or an associate’s degree in retailing, merchandise management, sales and marketing, bookkeeping or any other related field of study.
Category: Retail Job Descriptions