Sales Associate Job Profile and Description
A Sales Associate’s job entails providing information about the products and services of the company to the clients in order to increase the company sales and to develop or maintain long-term relationships with the existing and prospective clients. Most sales associates work with the Sales Director or Chief Operating Officer to develop sales programs and strategies to attain annual budget targets. In addition, a sales associate assists in the development as well as in execution of sales programs, specifically in technical team support, customer site visits, trade show activities, and telemarketing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exceeding or meeting personal sales targets while demonstrating a solid customer focus.
- Initiating and leveraging sales opportunities with the existing and prospective customers while developing and maintaining key clients.
- Developing a strong product knowledge as well as customer knowledge.
- Directing and coordinating with marketing team in developing collateral material.
- Developing a firm market presence through publications and events through efficient networking relations.
- Providing inputs, creative solutions, and ideas to the management team on organization offerings.
- Developing sales plans and completing quarterly and monthly reports as required.
- Participating in industry events and conferences.
- Acting as the Company administrator for the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
- Managing and prioritizing sales leads prepared by the Marketing department, developing new accounts through analyzing, exploring, networking, and referrals.
- Estimating customers on quotes quickly and accurately.
- Qualifying leads for follow-up by senior executives of company.
- Renewing existing accounts of clients with increased levels of service and pricing.
- Working with existing clients in finding opportunities for user groups or additional services.
- Working with Marketing team and Sales Director to provide ideas about new outbound market sales.
- Maintaining accurate customer database for reporting, mailings, and marketing programs.
- Preparing renewal contracts and quotes for existing clients.
- Working on special projects and contributing to team effort.
- Providing detailed updates on job activities to the Sales Director.
- Providing feedback from clients in order to access possible improvements to existing products and also the need for new products.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to initiate or demonstrate strong personal sales to function independently and as a part of a team.
- Passion to turn prospects into customers and persistent determination with telephone sales.
- Proactive and self-controlled work ethic; Self-starter.
- Able to prepare and deliver efficient customized sales proposals and presentations to professionals at senior and mid-management levels.
- Good organizational and excellent time management skills.
- Exceptional skills of customer service.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and CRM products.
- Strong record tracking of work with various levels at every account.
- Able to understand the client’s business needs and clear their problems.
- Able to achieve sales quotas
- Able to handle a hard multi-tasking environment.
- Willingness in traveling and working in a team of professionals.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales and Marketing related field
- Undergraduate degree
Category: Sales Job Descriptions