Sales Clerk Job Profile and Description
A Sales Clerk essentially acts as the backbone of sale activities in an organization as they held accountable for looking into numerous functions. Sales clerks typically work in retail, departmental stores or supermarkets and are supervised by a sales manager. The job of a sales clerk is usually full time where in the candidate requires being trained for all job related activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping record of the entire inventory sold in the store.
- Organizing and planning proper display and stacking of the goods and supplies of the store.
- Assisting customers with purchases and giving them detailed product demonstration.
- Ensuring the proper handling of goods and reporting loss and damages to the concerned authorities.
- Assisting in billing, procuring payment and other check out functions of the store.
- Promptly completing all tasks assigned by the superiors.
- Placing orders for replenishment of stock, and filling order forms.
- Ensuring and upholding the standards of the goods in the store.
- Strategizing to meet sales targets.
- Making sales reports and analysis for evaluation.
- Effectively organizing and synchronizing work with other departments of the store.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess good written as well as verbal communication skills.
- Should have good interpersonal skills for negotiating interacting with the clients of the store.
- Should be a good team worker and have the ability to effectively manage time.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales or other related field of study, with 2 – 3 years experience in a retail store is an added advantage.
Category: Sales Job Descriptions