Sales Executive Job Profile and Description
A Sales Executive’s job entails delivering a broad range of company products and services to clients in order to increase the company profits. Most sales executives work with Marketing Director to build up new business, to prepare proposals and quotations and to win contracts. Sales executives work in industries like computer technology, financial services, consumer goods, and so on.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and establishing contact with potential customers proactively.
- Maintaining contact with new and existing customers to advertise the product sales and deliver a detailed account strategy.
- Responding to sales inquiries from new and existing customers.
- Delivering presentations of the company products at conferences, customer sites and exhibitions.
- Meeting annual sales goals and targets.
- Installing and demonstrating software at client sites.
- Attending user group meetings and trade exhibitions.
- Maintaining the company’s contact database management with up-to-date contact, accurate and activity details.
- Delivering platform presentations, publications, posters at conferences.
- Producing monthly sales reports and
- Testing very new product releases to support product development team.
- Providing feedback of potential customers and members to enhance product functioning and the service delivery.
- Ensuring effective internal communication within the Sales, Marketing team and Customer Support and across the company.
- Assisting to identify the opportunities for upcoming products, and for development and enhancement of existing products.
- Motivating all sales staff to share relevant data about the market in facilitating the ease of retrieval, recording, and use of information.
- Negotiating the agreement terms and closing down sales.
- Monitoring and reporting the potential collaborators and competitor activities and identifying business threats and opportunities.
Skills and Specifications
- Good communication, writing and customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills.
- Able to communicate complicated technical issues, with effective presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and flexible to work with negligible supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tenacious work attitude.
- Should be able to work as a team member.
- Should have negotiation skills to deal with different kinds of customers.
- Able to meet deadlines along with working under pressure.
- Highly innovative and proactive.
- Capable of agile cogitating to give quick and accurate response to questions.
- Should be able to handle varied tasks.
- Flexible to work anytime.
- Willing to travel on frequent basis.
Education and Qualifications
- Degree or equivalent in sales and marketing related field.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Related experience in technical sales.
Category: Sales Job Descriptions