Security Operations Analyst Job Profile and Description
A Security operations analyst is an employee who looks after the analyses of the security operations of a company. Every organisation is concerned about its security measures and for this purpose; they take help of experts of security who are called security operations analysts.
Any person working at this position is required to assess a particular situation and provide ways to secure the company against any external threat or risk. They have to fulfill quite a few duties and responsibilities in their job tenure and a detailed description of their exact work profile has been given below.
Security Operations Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a security operations analyst have been given in the following lines:
- One of the main duties of a security operations analyst is to examine the nature of the threats that can pose as a risk for the company and then devise ways to provide security based on the monetary constraints.
- Another duty of security operations analyst is to implement, design and plan the most effective security system using computer software’s like firewall, anti viruses etc.
- It is the responsibility of a security operations analyst to alter security processes whenever the need arises.
- Another duty involves them to fight situations where security has been breached.
Security Operations Analyst Skills and Specifications
The following are some of the skills and specifications which a security operations analyst must possess in order to do well at the job.
- Knowledge of computer security systems and measures is a primary requirement for any aspiring security operations analyst.
- A security operations analyst must pay attention to details and must be able to work at a computer station for continuous working hours.
Security Operations Analyst Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Security operations analyst are given below:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or information science/technology is a requirement which every security operations analyst needs to fulfill.
- A master’s in the same field with specialisation in security operations can also be pursued but this is not a compulsory requirement to be hired at the job.
- Experience of 2-3 years in the field of security operations may also be asked for.
Security Operations Analyst Salary
For a security operations analyst, the average median salary is $66310.
Category: Analyst Job Descriptions