Security Supervisor Job Profile and Description
A Security Supervisor is the Deputy of a Security Officer of a Security Unit of an installation or premises. He oversees the effective management of the daily routine under the guidance and leadership of the Security Officer. He is responsible to ensure that the security guards comply with the Security Standing Orders pertaining to the premises during his Shift duty. Usually, two or more Security Supervisors will share the Shift Duties of a Security Unit round the clock.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist the Security Officer in ensuring the safety and security of human beings, valuable materials, and classified documents pertaining to the premises.
- To efficiently supervise and manage the Security Personnel during his tenure.
- To train the Security Personnel in all security drills and security procedures laid down in the Standing Orders.
- To act as Liaison between the Security Unit and Administration Manager in the absence of the Security Officer.
- Maintain Liaison with local Police Station, Fire Station and nearest Hospital.
- To deploy Security Guards during his Shift.
- To make periodic ‘Rounds’ of Sentry Posts to check alertness and compliance of Standing Orders.
- To periodically inspect serviceability of fire fighting equipment and Fire Tenders.
- Inspect the log of entry and exit of personnel, materials, vehicles and stores at the commencement of his duty and at the end of his duty.
- Be totally accountable for all eventualities during his Shift.
Skills and Specifications
- Look after the administration, welfare and man-management of his Security Unit.
- Capable of running the Security Unit independently.
Education and Qualifications
- Preferably College Under- graduate.
- Training in Fire Fighting, First Aid and Life Saving drills.
- Previous experience in security unit is essential.
Category: Security Job Descriptions