SEM Analyst Job Profile and Description
A Search Engine Marketing [SEM] analyst is an individual who needs to handle the professional responsibility of marketing search engine optimized products as well as SEO services. Search engine optimization is one of the recent and most sought-after web applications and helps provide a lot of effective web-based services; hence, an SEM analyst is very much in demand in companies and corporate firms that perform in the field of web analytics.
Basically, the SEM analyst needs to manage the web traffic and online services – ranging from online marketing to job portals and social networking, as well as deal with marketing analytics, search and social analytics, etc.
SEM Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities required to be handled by the SEM analyst include:
- The SEM analyst must be thoroughly aware of the web analytic technicalities and the corresponding definitions and jargons that describe the course of work to be done in search engine marketing analysis.
- The assessment of the online marketing and reviews obtained and the data reports need to be clearly understood by the SEM analyst and necessary actions taken.
- An SEM analyst needs to be proficient in identifying the various aspects of search engine marketing and implement them as part of efficient corporate strategies for the particular firm.
- Search engine marketing is a comparatively newer concept and an SEM analyst needs to gauge the exact impact of the same on target audiences and prospective clients.
- A major responsibility of an SEM analyst is to monitor the various web analytic data and metrics and analyze the issues under serious professional consideration.
- The SEM analyst must be able to understand the concepts of the technology well so as to devise plans and adopt technical approaches that would help in further developments in related fields.
- The SEM analyst must not only analyze and explore newer opportunities, but should also prepare performance reports at regular intervals and submit them to respective higher authorities.
SEM Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Thorough knowledge or recent trends and corresponding technicalities of the field of work.
- Ability to withstand long working hours and solve problems within the shortest possible time.
- Team-work skills, interpersonal and analytical skills.
SEM Analyst Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree or graduation in Computer Science or related fields from a State registered University is essential.
- Government accreditation and professional licensure is compulsory for working as an SEM analyst.
- Higher academic specializations are often expected from candidates by certain employers.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in hands-on training in SEM.
SEM Analyst Salary
An SEM analyst may earn an average salary in the range of $80,000 – $1,00,000 annually, with higher experienced and skilled analysts being capable of earning more than average.
Category: Analyst Job Descriptions