Senior Project Manager Job Profile and Description
A senior project manager, as the job position rightly describes, is an individual bestowed with the responsibility of managing project work at the most superior level, as per company norms. The senior project manager is the one heading the entire project group, and hence needs to be thoroughly aware of each and every activity happening, that directly or indirectly affects the project and its execution.
All members of the project need to report to the senior project manager, and he needs to direct them accordingly as per project needs, company specifications and other considerable factors. It is necessary for the senior project manager to understand the company position and the utility and/or applications of the project thoroughly, and prepare strategies likewise.
Senior Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of a senior project manager include:
- The primary duty of a senior project manager is to understand the requirements of the project clearly and likewise recruit members in the project. It is he who will be appointing members into specific tasks, after thorough review of their qualifications.
- The senior project manager is responsible for analyzing the financial details related to the project. Cost estimation and proposing financially effective strategies comprise of important duties.
- He is to recommend ideas and strategies to make the project a success. Any error or faults that may creep in during the execution – building or running of the project will require his supervision for solving errors.
- The planning phase is entirely handled by the senior project manager. It is his duty as well to look into whether or not the plan is being executed appropriately and corresponding actions rightly conducted.
- A senior project manager needs to study market trends as well as understand customer demands, work on client feedback, requirements specifications, and modify project standards to suit such regulations.
Senior Project Manager Skills and Specifications
- Organizational skills and leadership qualities are most important.
- Updated knowledge of related affairs and current happenings – in local sectors as well as globally.
- Communication skills – both oral and written need to be very strong.
- Innovation and creativity skills need to be possessed by the individual to come up with out-of-the-box strategies.
Senior Project Manager Education and Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree and also Master’s in science, engineering or related fields is expected by most employers now-a-days.
- Work experience of minimum 5 – 8 years is required.
- Training courses, workshops, conferences, and seminars attended and corresponding certifications need to be provided.
Senior Project Manager Salary
The average annual salary of a senior project manager lies in the range of $92,000 – $1, 30,000, with company turnover, project success, and experience of the individual helping in better earnings.
Category: Management Job Descriptions