Senior Project Manager Job Profile and Description
A senior project manager is someone who is fully responsible for a certain project assigned to him by the company he is working for. He has to make the project keep on moving and ensure that it is under budget and on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A senior project manager is responsible for the whole project that has been assigned to him.
- He has to coordinate and communicate with anyone and everyone who is involved with the project.
- He has to regularly study the budget and costing of the project to ensure that costs are kept under control.
- He has to ensure that risks and problems are identified before they occur and take steps to prevent them.
- He needs to be involved in every step of the project, from start to finish.
- He has to constantly confer with the senior management of the company and make presentations as to how the project is developing.
- He also has to confer with the various people involved in the project and ensure that each finish the task assigned to him on time.
Skills and Specifications
- Leadership skills are an important requisite for persons who want to be successful as a senior project manager.
- Having good business contacts is important because success in this profession depends a lot on finding good projects to work on.
- A senior project manager should have good interpersonal skills.
- He should be able to deal with all kinds of people; for instance, from a foreman to a senior manager.
- He should possess exemplary verbal communication skills.
- He should have the skills required to address groups of people, small or large.
Education and Qualifications
A Masters degree in the management and related field is required for being a Senior Project Manager. Additionally, a certificate for Project Management Professional is highly desirable.
Category: Management Job Descriptions