Service Desk Analyst Job Profile and Description
The position of service desk analyst arises in the information technology (i.e. IT) sector in an economy. These individuals are employed at the IT firms or any other organisations which have an IT segment/ department with the main purpose of providing support to the other internal staff in the organisation. These individuals are required to possess a string of technical abilities and qualifications. They need to cater to a number of different responsibilities and duties. A further description of this position is given as follows.
Service Desk Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities that are assigned to the position of the service desk analyst are as follows:
- Attend to the phone calls and act as the point of contact for all the staff members regarding any IT queries or issues.
- Receive the calls from the internal staff and maintain a proper log for all of them.
- Perform all the IT related troubleshooting functions and deal with all such problems with finesse.
- Maintain the IT software and the other hardware of the organisation solve queries regarding any of these, and forward any maintenance related issues to the designated department.
- Provide the staff of the organisation with adequate and appropriate training in the IT packages that are used by the organisation in its day to day operations.
Service Desk Analyst Skills and Specifications
A service desk analyst must possess the following skills and specifications:
- Excellent communication skills and good command over the official language
- Amazing organisational, planning and management skills
- Extremely good knowledge of the IT sector operating in
- Must be quick on their feet and quick to think of solutions to the problems.
Service Desk Analyst Education and Qualification
The education and other qualification to be possessed by the service desk analyst are mentioned as follows:
- An individual who holds a bachelors level degree in the field of information technology would be preferred above all the others, but it is not an essential requirement.
- The individual may be required to possess some state issued certification before being employed.
- The organisation may also require the individual to hold an experience of anywhere in between 6 months to 2 years in the IT support segment.
Service Desk Analyst Salary
The average salary earned by a service desk analyst is said to be somewhere around the mark of $36,000 per annum.
Category: Analyst Job Descriptions