Social Services Caseworker Job Profile and Description
Social Services Caseworker is a professional, who offers assistance to children and families by helping them deal with their psychological and social problems. These caseworkers provide professional social services in the fields of child protection, intake, adoption, children’s services, mental health, substance abuse and so on. They interview family members, applicants, and others, verify information, complete applications, and apply memoranda and regulations to provide income to families and individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advising parents on the well-being of child and on the family’s well-being as a whole.
- Assessing and planning for the social requirements of individuals, groups, families, and organizations.
- Working in various employee assistance programs by advising those with personal problems or job problems that affect their daily work.
- Administering and supervising social service programs, providing assistance in developing social service programs and resources.
- Delivering directly interventions to the children and their families using appropriate evidenced based methods.
- Providing consultation on various social aspects of procedures, policies, and services to volunteers, medical staff, commanders, major commands, and so on.
- Providing support in training programs on thematic issues like child’s behavior, development and parenting.
- Counseling children and parents, foster parents, guardians, or institution staff, regarding plans for adoptive child’s care.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of social services procedures, policies, and resources.
- Ability to access internet.
- Ability to communicate effectively via e-mails.
- Ability to accumulate and analyze data to plan appropriate interventions.
- Prioritization and time management skills.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or sociology related field.
- Experience in social services related activities is an added advantage.
Category: Social Services Job Descriptions