Social Worker Job Profile and Description
A Social Worker is accountable for providing community based social services and identifying groups, individuals and families within the pertinent legislation in order to safeguard and develop the communal welfare, interest and functioning of the society. Social workers identify issues and problems being faced by various sects and individuals of the community and renders assistance and care to homeless and children.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing support and aid to victims of domestic violence and abuse.
- Conducting necessary investigations into cases of violence, with the support of the state departments.
- Assisting in placing children in foster homes.
- Treatment and welfare of children, old, abused and handicapped.
- Preparing and developing evaluation reports.
- Planning and conducting social welfare workshops and camps.
- Performing community reviews on persons on parole
- Assisting and providing services to the handicapped.
- Organization of vocational training workshops for the unemployed, in collaboration with other non-profit organizations.
- Preparing schemes and strategies for improving community welfare.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to identify and relate to problems faced by individuals and the society.
- Awareness of the legal norms and specifics of the state with respect to welfare services.
- Ability to deal with stress and effectively manage time.
- Good interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience and skills in risk management.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in sociology, social work (B.W.S.) or any related field.
- Postgraduate degree in fields pertaining to social work, sociology, human rights and welfare services.
Category: Social Services Job Descriptions