Software Project Manager Job Profile and Description
A software project manager is an important person in a company, who is responsible for ensuring that software projects are executed with aplomb. The role has a lot of responsibilities but it also has it benefits or perks. Usually only a person with vast amount of experience is chosen for this role.
It entails a lot of stress and understanding of the market and how it works. Such an individual is hardly expected to make a mistake, and this is one of the most important of positions within a software company. People are usually promoted to the job though in cases of exceptional merit or talent, people can be directly recruited to the post of software project manager.
Software Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a software project manager will involve:
- A software project manager is in charge of complete and successful execution of a project. He plays a crucial role in a software company and ensures that all aspects of the project in question are taken care of.
- A software project manager is responsible for negotiating and lobbying for the project. This involves considerable skill and patience and immense amount of experience as well as knowledge about the industry.
Software Project Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a software project manager include:
- A software project manager needs to have the technical acumen to pull of such an important role. He needs to be well versed in the business model followed by his company and the software laws of the company.
- A software project manager needs to have supervising skills since such a person will have a number of subordinates working under him, who will look to the project manager for guidance.
Software project manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Software project manager are as follows:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Economics, Management, Business Administration
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics
Software Project Manager Salary
A software project manager’s salary is estimated to be around 60,000 USD per annum. This is dependent on the kind of responsibilities he has to handle, his job profile, the company he works with and the experience and skill sets that he has gathered over the period of time.
Category: Management Job Descriptions