Sports administrator’s role in an organization is to handle all things from reception work to human resources or marketing work, or even managing a club to ensure smooth running of the sports organization. Sports administrator’s major responsibility is to focus on running sports facilities and organizing events. Duties also include promotion of club or their services, fundraising, and responding to users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Executing administrative duties, using processes and systems related to the organization.
- Responding to requests and enquiries for general information from members of public and other organizations.
- Promoting sport in schools and working with young people and students.
- Providing administrative support to heads and managerial staff of organization. Organizing training, meetings, coaching, conferences and other sports related events.
- Ensuring processes and administrative systems are well managed and are efficient.
- Advising sports associations on areas like organization, promotion, funding, and regulations.
- Liaising with regional committees, local sports councils, and national governing bodies.
- Liaising between the faculty representatives and athletic department.
- Consulting members, clients, the local sporting and community organizations.
- Communicating the procedures and policies, monitoring ongoing activity, directing and recommending action to adjust deficiencies and preparing various reports.
- Controlling finance allocated and managing budgets for society activities and also raising or coordinating sponsorship.
- Commissioning or undertaking research, collating, monitoring and mapping data.
Skills and Specifications
- Pays high attention to detail.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a good communicator
- Good organizing, planning, , time management, and administrative skills;
- Ability to operate well in a customer-focused and dynamic environment.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, sports science, business, marketing, or management from an accredited institution.
A master’s degree in sports management is an added advantage
Category: Management Job Descriptions