Support Worker Job Profile and Description
A support worker is in charge on supporting the daily activities of their employer. Since they will be working with people with disabilities, old people and children with attention deficiency, it is the person’s responsibility to assist the employer’s activities. He/she would make sure that his employer is fed on time. Giving medicines, cleaning and making his employer presentable to relatives and visitors are one of the common duties of a support worker. Moreover, a support worker must know the basics on housekeeping. The support worker is responsible for the customer’s safety. They must be attentive at all times in order to ensure the safety of their client.
Duties and Responsibilities
Here are the responsibilities and duties of a support worker:
- Prepare the daily needs of their employer such as food and clothing.
- Assisting and supporting the person in taking a bath. Therefore, the support worker must be sure that the/she will be clean and presentable afterwards.
- Cleaning the surroundings in order to make it comfortable for the person
- Helps their client in achieving a meaningful life style and daily living skills
- Create an accurate record of their client’s actions in order to prepare and prevent the client’s demanding behavior.
- Assisting their clients on their daily activities is one of the basic responsibilities of a support worker.
- Maintaining proper supervision to clients’ medical condition
- A support worker must be aware of the programs that would cater to the further development of clients’ needs especially for rehabilitation.
- Offer proper advice, support and give encouragement to service users
- Promote a lifestyle that supports the service user’s needs and is in line with the responsibility and limitations of service users.
- Under take working arrangements according to preferences of the service users
- Attending required training sessions for their clients annual appraisal
- Undertake the appropriate duties deemed by the client
- Responsible in limiting the actions of their client in order to correct improper actions
- Participate in departmental and develop career assessment
- Properly participate and contribute on communicating with the client’s family.
- Assist their clients in attending their doctor, dentist or specialist.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions