Teacher Job Profile and Description
A teacher is someone charged with the duty of educating other people. There are cases whereby a teacher educates a single student and in such a case the teacher is correctly referred to as a tutor.
A teacher educates or teachers his/her students from a school or a designated place. It can also be at the student’s home especially if it’s a single student or a few students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that correct and clear standards of practice are set out.
- Charged with the provision of continuous education and learning of teachers.
- A teacher should be able to conduct investigations on complaints involving members of the institution and consequently pass a fair judgment on the persons involved without any ill agenda.
- Charged with listening to cases of misconduct and then taking professional yet sympathetic measures to cater for the student needs.
- Posses an in-depth knowledge of the subject in order to be able to handle questions from the students.
- Generous with his/her advice and guidance to the students.
- Be partial and promote equal opportunities amongst the students
- Be able to pass the passion for the subject onto the students in an interesting, clear and concise manner.
- Be able to identify students’ weaknesses and able to plan a strategy to assist them with it.
- Should promote and instigate easy communication amongst the students.
- She/he must not give false advice but a constructive and accurate one.
- Be able to disseminate information in a correct way as he/she delivers the lesson. Should also be able to get students actively involved in the class by asking questions as well as answering those asked in class.
- Should be able to give the students an environment to learn on their own without putting them in a box and saying…you belong here because of your age, etc.
- Be inspiring, patient and must not speak from high stand point, meaning that a teacher should be as educative as possible.
Skills and Specifications
- A teacher must have studied pedagogy, the science of teaching,
- Must have obtained specialized education and knowledge which he is to teach his students.
- Must possess codes of ethics and internal monitoring.
Education and Qualifications
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education
A degree in Educational Psychology.
Category: Education Job Descriptions