Technical Architecture is a practical position that involves leading the project implementations from a technological perspective. The position demands direct interaction with. The Technical Architect provides technical guidance and training to the implementation teams as well as ensuring that the implementations follow the finest practice configuration principles.
Technical Architect job description:
- Providing the technical connection between the project managers and developers
- Working with clients and advising them on key architectural decisions concerning the platform and the supporting technologies.
- Evaluating projects from a technical stance, guaranteeing that the development methods used are correct and practical.
- Signing off system requirements, identifying resources and estimating timelines for project completion
- Producing technical architectures that are modifiable, dependable and scalable
- Delivering solutions to customers including database consolidation, implementation, and application integration with stress on architectural services
- Conducting technical project reviews
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of Novell, Microsoft, Cisco and Sun architectures.
- Well-developed spoken and written interpersonal and communication skills
- Influencing skills over a wide spectrum of management and technical contacts.
- Ability to compel issue resolution across assorted groups within a corporate framework.
- minimum college or university diploma
- Ability to operate across multiple projects concurrently and assume the responsibility for the appropriate technical and architectural implementation of projects.
Technical Architect Position Requirements
- High level of technical field expertise
- Skills in customer solutions Implementation Methodologies
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and staunch customer focus
- Documented ability to communicate the value project solution to resonate with all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Knowledge in at least one of the standard relational databases e.g. Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server
- Relational / object database implementation & integration
- Internet / legacy system / client-server architectures.