Technical Communicator Job Profile and Description
Technical Communicator offer specialised material to their readers. They are responsible for all the technical communication and design and develop all the study and other technical materials keeping the need of their end audience in the mind. Their major job is to communicate the technical information to maximum number of readers and viewers in most understandable form.
They prepare technical products, processes and documents after conducting the thorough research on that topic. They make use of latest techniques and technologies for communicating their piece of information to their readers.
Technical Communicator Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of Technical Communicator will involve:
- They work as the specialised communicator for their organisation and are involved in preparing the specialised content and other technical products related to that topic.
- The study material, reports, presentations, articles and journals on specific technology are prepared by the technical communicators.
- They also maintain and organise the public relation by communicating all the latest developments in their particular area of interest.
- They work as technical writer, editor, translator and illustrators and pass on the technical knowledge in most understandable form to their readers.
- They determine the need of their audience and then prepare the technical information according to the specific necessity of their audience.
- They review the existing documents on any technical topics and after conducting the thorough research they devise their communication content.
- After preparing the first draft of the content they revise and edit it to prepare the final draft.
Technical Communicator Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of Technical Communicator include:
- Thorough know-how about the subject matter and deep understanding on the latest trends used in communications.
- Ability to work in a dedicated and hardworking manner along with a flair for discipline and punctuality.
- Audience focused approach and clarity of thoughts in communication is essential.
Technical Communicator Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for Technical Communicator are as follows:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in that specific area or subject.
- Training and diploma in their area of technical communication.
- Certification and licenses to work as a technical communicator along with certification on latest techniques and technologies.
Technical Communicator Salary
Technical Communicator usually gets an annual salary of $56,796 although there are some states which may even pay up to $65,000. As the experience in communication increases along with more published reports and articles the technical communicator can demand for more salary.
Category: Technical Job Descriptions