Technical Director Job Profile and Description
A Technical Director is an individual who is employed within a workplace to direct and supervise all the technical activities and tasks of the corporation. These professionals hold the highest position within their field of work and must possess exceptional technical expertise and experience to be able to handle the job with efficiency. The candidate must showcase high level technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills across various practices and must have the right educational qualifications to be able to fulfil the various requirements and responsibilities. The detailed job description of a technical director is given below and can be used for reference purpose.
Technical Director Duties and Responsibilities
As a technical director, a candidate has to fulfil many job duties and responsibilities and the following are the most important ones:
- To work as a link between the technical department and all other departments to see to it that the technical aspect of work is properly implemented and utilised.
- To track and implement new opportunities to improve the existing systems and methods of training and technical troubleshooting.
- To define, communicate and implement coding standards as per defined norms and regulations.
- To hire and train training executives, technicians and other team members.
- To coordinate and also promote technical knowledge within the organization and manage multiple technical teams at once.
- To offer technical support and troubleshooting across department of the company and see to it that there are no technical gaps and unfilled requirements.
Technical Director Skills and Specifications
A Technical Director needs several skills and specifications. The following are some of the major ones required:
- Exceptional technical knowledge and expertise.
- Excellent command over computer systems, technical equipments and coding methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of computer software, software products.
- Must possess strong knowledge of complex database concepts and various types of programming codes.
- Good analytical skills and troubleshooting qualities.
- Ability to handle difficult technical situations in the company and strong leadership qualities.
- Good interpersonal skills and managerial abilities.
Technical Director Education and Qualification
The following are some of the educational qualifications needed by a Technical Director:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering is a must.
- A master’s degree in a similar field can also be considered as a useful educational qualification.
Technical Director Salary
On an average, the person working as a technical director in a company can expect to earn an annual salary of $120000.
Category: Director Job Descriptions