Technical Program Manager Job Profile and Description
Technical Program Manager is one who initiates and plans the project and strives to deliver better technology by implementing his technical knowledge on the projects. The candidate also reviews and uses improved methods from time to time, along with sticking to the company’s guidelines and policies.
The candidate is the main driving force of the project and motivates all concerned till the project is completed on time. He also displays the ability to multitask and manage the project staff by creating an environment which ensures that they deliver to their full potential in order to achieve technical goals.
Technical Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute project plans in accordance with the company’s project management ways.
- He must define, negotiate communicate, implement and monitor the standards by which the project is delivered and carried out.
- He must work closely with the project team members in order to come up with solutions to make sure the client’s needs are met before the anticipated time.
- He must forecast and manage the projects budget and invoices and work with the Account Directors to manage and convey the client’s business need to the project team members.
- Create and maintain a project schedule including activities, work sequence and regularity, work effort and duration.
- He must identify, analyze, prioritize and communicate project risks to team members throughout the project lifecycle.
Technical Program Manager Skills and Specifications
- He must be highly organized and a good multi-tasker.
- He must be able to take charge and know how to lead the team throughout the course of the project.
- He must have excellent oral and written communication skills and effectively communicate all the details of the project to his team members so as to deliver best results.
- Must exude great technical and management skills like effective problem management, managing risks and decision making.
- Project planning, initiation and execution, recruiting and keeping competent team members and effective project negotiation.
- Demonstrate managing multiple projects simultaneously and must be experienced enough to handle external and internal clients.
- Persistent attention to detail and display excellent interpersonal skills.
Technical Program Manager Education and Qualifications
- A basic Bachelors Degree in any technical field.
- A Masters in Business Administration and a minimum of 3-4 years of training or work as a project manager.
- Knowledge of software and internet development.
- Experience in managing projects using Agile Methodologies.
Technical Program Manager Salary
The average salary of a technical Program Manager is $96,000 per annum. The salary may vary depending upon the job profile and the experience of the candidate.
Category: Technical Job Descriptions