Technical Project Manager Job Profile and Description
A Technical project manager is an individual who oversees the work of the technical team of a company and supervises a technical project. He/she is responsible for setting schedules, creating budgets and planning and implementing of ideas and designs. A technical project manager is needed by varied types of companies to carry out their technical tasks and must possess good technical and computer skills.
Anybody who is interested in this position must have a solid hold over programming languages, complex database concepts and for this; he/she must be educated to suit the position. The following is a detailed description of a technical project manager’s job or work profile.
Technical Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The following are some of the main duties which a technical project manager has to fulfill.
- A technical project manager must supervise tasks and activities of the technical team.
- He/she must decide on a budget ad plan the activities in accordance with the budget specifications.
- A technical project manager is also responsible for creating and maintaining technical documents and reports and troubleshoots the problems which arise.
- Another duty of a technical project manager is to deal with database concepts, web system architecture and object oriented methodologies.
- It is the duty of a technical project manager to use various programming languages to resolve complicated project barriers.
Technical Project Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications of a technical project manager are given below
- A technical project manager must possess good knowledge of computer systems, programming languages, softwares etc.
- Excellent managerial skills and leadership qualities are also required from a technical project manager.
- He/she must be good at written and oral communication skills and must motivate others to perform well.
- Problem solving abilities and self motivated nature are the other skills needed.
Technical Project Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Technical project manager are given below:
- A bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or a related field is a compulsory requirement.
- Apart from this, knowledge of business administration can also prove to be useful and thus an MBA is often preferred.
Technical Project Manager Salary
A Technical project manager can earn a median salary of $92000 on an average but this figure may vary depending upon the type of job profile and the experience of the candidate.
Category: Management Job Descriptions