Technical Resource Manager Job Profile and Description
A Technical Resource Manager provides technical direction and support for development, design and integration of systems through proper implementation. The candidate should have significant knowledge of the trends in the industry so as to improve service to clients apart from reviewing the work done by the Research and Development Team. The candidate must be able to manage numerous projects effectively from start to finish.
Technical Resource Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Technical Resource Manager are as follows:
- Must create and execute plans for development of the system and revise them from time to time to meets the changing needs and requirements of the system.
- Should communicate effectively and enforce proper coding standards.
- Must ensure that the technical teams contribute significantly to the library of coding standards.
- Takes full responsibility for the development cycle and takes and manages technical risks effortlessly throughout the projects.
- Keeps the Project Manager well informed of the status of Development and must serve as a bridge which connects the development staff and Project Manager
Technical Resource Manager Skills and Specifications
The skills and Specifications a Technical Resource should possess are as follows:
- He must possess technical expertise and understand complex database concepts and effectively use different database design techniques.
- Must know the benefits of various programming languages an understand browser specific compatibility issues.
- Manages technical resources within the budget and completes before the specified time.
- Understands concepts and consistently provides high quality service to clients.
- Must be extremely punctual and possess excellent time management skills.
- Must have the ability to work well in a team, and serve as a role model for other development team members.
- Keeps development team members well informed of the changes within the organization and also general corporate news.
Technical Resource Manager Education and Qualification Requirements
The basic qualifications required to become a Technical Resource Manager are as follows:
- A basic Bachelors Degree in any recognised field like commerce or a technical field like computer science.
- A Masters Degree in technical services or human resource management.
- Excellent speaking and written communication skills.
- Preferred training or work experience of 1-2 years from any profound organization.
- Familiarity with data operation systems like word, excel and oracle browser.
- Fluency in two or more languages for effective communication with clients.
Technical Resource Manager Salary
The average salary for a Technical Resource Manager is $34,000 and can sometimes go up to $96,000 per annum, depending upon the company and the qualifications of the candidate.
Category: Management Job Descriptions