Technical Resource Specialist Job Profile and Description
A technical resource specialist provides instruction and guidance to those working in technical research and development department. The candidate is the Program Instructor and gives proper technical knowledge to the team members and also trains and instructs employees to work in the required manner in order to achieve the end result. A technical resource specialist supervises and presides over the entire project and for this he must possess immense technical knowledge.
Technical Resource Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
- A Technical Resource Specialist must possess advanced knowledge in the specified technical field and is responsible for highly complex projects and assignments.
- He must have good experience in educating and his consulting skills should be extremely good.
- Must be able to administer a wide range of policies and programs.
- Must suitably communicate with other employee departments and administrators to provide information regarding the company’s requirements.
- Should conduct employee orientations, training and workshops to ensure that the employees have sufficient knowledge of current practices and policies.
- Must be able to coordinate employment processes, and develop a wide range of written materials in the form of brochures and procedures to provide reference and convey information.
- Must maintain manual and electronic files and records containing accurate information, with respect to the established company guidelines.
Technical Resource Specialist Skills and Specifications
- He must possess strong interpretation and interpersonal skills. He must also have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- He must be able to plan and manage numerous projects and prepare and maintain accurate records of the same.
- Must possess basic math knowledge and analytical skills, read and understand technical terms and compose a variety of documents to facilitate group discussions and meetings.
- Must possess great leadership skills and help in effective teamwork interaction in order to utilize every team member to his/her full potential.
- Builds a knowledge base of each clients business, systems and objectives.
- Must possess the ability to tell if something is wrong or likely to go wrong and must have a keen sense of listening. Speech clarity and oral comprehension are also prime requirements.
- A good sense of judgement, decision making and critical thinking is also an important requirement.
Technical Resource Specialist Education and Qualifications
- A basic bachelors degree in any technical field such as computer science.
- A post graduate degree in resource management.
- About 3-4 years of professional experience in a technology related company.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Technical Resource Specialist Salary
The salary for a technical resource specialist is between $31,000 to $96,000 per annum.
Category: Technical Job Descriptions