Technical Service Specialist Job Profile and Description
A technical service specialist is one who is proficient in the technical aspects of marketing and has strong verbal and written communication skills. The candidate should have the capability to explain complex technical information to clients who may have little or no knowledge about it.
For a technical service specialist, customer service is of prime importance and he must be able to communicate well with the clients. He must be able to multitask and solve a wide range of technical problems as specified by the organization.
Technical Service Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Technical Service Specialist are as follows:
- Providing tracking integration and other technical support to clients.
- Must work in accordance with established policies and procedures, quality standards and productivity goals of the company.
- Must possess knowledge of affiliate marketing and have strong analytical skills including use of spreadsheet and simple database functionality.
Technical Service Specialist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that must be possessed by a Technical Service Specialist are as follows:
- Must be fluent in speech and posses excellent communication skills to cater to the client’s needs.
- Must be dedicated and punctual and have strong time management skills and must be organized.
- Must be able to work in a team and manage several projects at once.
- Must be familiar with modern office procedures and methods and software applications such as word, excel, outlook express, Netscape communicator.
- Must be able to work with database concepts, internet business models such as including portals and search engines.
- Must be fluent in a number of languages to cater to the needs of global clients.
- Must have excellent analytical and programming skills and also the ability to explain that in a simplified manner.
- Must be able to solve problems using specialized technical knowledge to provide computer support.
Technical Service Specialist Education and Qualifications
The educational qualifications required by a technical service specialist are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business or marketing.
- 1-3 years of business experience in addition to a degree.
- Knowledge of PERL, ASP, JSP, XML, Java, and C++ is preferred.
- Have prior client support experience.
Technical Service Specialist Salary
The salary for a Technical Service specialist ranges from $28,000 to $43,000 per annum.
Category: Technical Job Descriptions