Technology Management Job Description and Profile
Technology Management division in the organization handles, manages, and provides technology maintenance policies and methods, training and consultation, recommending and implementing plan of technology resources and services. The manager works within general policies and procedures and practices significant independent judgment to choose proper mode of action.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing and maintaining Microsoft Windows systems and applications including Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Managing the installation, acquisition, and maintenance of local area network software or hardware of the organization.
- Managing network operations including installing and maintaining routers, troubleshooting connectivity problems, terminating or adding terminating users, resetting passwords, assigning access and rights, performing restores and backups.
- Selecting and assigning staff, ensuring equivalent employment opportunity in promotion and hiring.
- Coordinating activities by setting priorities, scheduling work assignments, and leading the subordinate employee’s work.
- Evaluating and verifying employee performance through a thorough review of completed assigned work and work techniques.
- Identifying personnel development and training requirements and ensures that they acquire training.
- Ensuring proper maintenance of labor relations and employment conditions.
- Maintaining records, preparing reports, and composing correspondence related to work.
- Directing the activities to develop new technology systems and any enhancements to active automated systems.
- Liaising between the users and data center concerning usage, standards, requests, and other related production and developmental matters.
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of technology related methods and principles.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills.
- Must be a good communicator.
- Possess stress management and time management skills.
- High-level proficiency in computer software program related activities.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technology management related field from an accredited college.
- Degree in Management or technology related field.
Category: Management Job Descriptions