Telecom sales Job Profile and Description
A telecom sales representative provides clients with new and effective telecommunications solutions related to the Internet, broadband connections, wide area and local area networking, wireless, long distance and business telephone systems. He has to develop new business for his company and at the same time maintain relationships with present clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- A good telecom sales representative should meet assigned sales objective and exceed monthly sales quota
- He should know about the demographic details of his customer base and must be able to identify and qualify potential customers by telephone, and premise visits.
- He must develop, maintain and handle customer complaints and enquires as well as communicate with them the different technology solutions
- He must be up to date with the latest industry trends and technical advancements and apply them in his work
Skills and Specifications
- A telecom sales representative must have good work ethics
- He must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- He must be hardworking as such a job involves a lot travelling and leg work
- He should be persuasive, and have good negotiation skills
- He should be confident and motivated and should be a good team player
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred as he may have to communicate with people from different strata and states in order to sell the company’s products and services
- He should also provide strong and effective customer support
- He should be good with numbers and have good presentation skills
Education and Qualifications
Telecommunications sales representatives have degrees in business management with specialisation in sales and marketing. Industry experience is preferred, but many companies offer entry-level positions, and also provide training to freshers. A commerce background is also helpful, although there are many people in this field without any specific degree in sales.
Category: Telecom Job Descriptions