Tour Guide Job Profile and Description
The important role played for the development of tourism is of Tour Guide. The responsibilities and tasks of the job of the tour guide are challenging. The job of the tour guide is to assist tourists and guide them through the various tourist places and other places of interest located in and around the area. The job also requires the tour guide to know about the historical importance and other interesting aspects of the tourist spots so as to tell the tourists.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and charting the touring timing and venues of interesting tourist places.
- Accompanying the tourists to the tourist spots and guiding them in their touring.
- Knowing the important historic events associated with the tourist spots.
- Conveying and informing the tourists about the information on the tourist places.
- Arranging any kind of transportation services to and from the tourist places, if needed.
- Maintaining the route plan of the tourist areas.
- Assisting and coordinating between the tourists during the touring of the places.
- Taking care of the medical and food needs of the tourists.
- Protecting the tourists in all aspects during the period of touring.
Skills and Specifications
- Strong oral and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of foreign languages is an added advantage.
- Good monitoring and time management skills.
- Coordination skills and excellent expression.
- Must have liking towards historical subject and archeology.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree in any subject.
- Prior work experience in tourism industry is preferable.
Category: Travel Job Descriptions