Trade marketing Job Description and Profile
A trade marketing job is all about ensuring that the goods and products of the company enjoy a good customer patronage. He formulates plans, strategies and blueprints to present a definite path for marketing. The job involves a lot of activities such as collaborating with various sales and marketing department, public relations departments a product manufacturing department in order to ensure high quality products that can be saleable in the market. Specifically, trade managers target their marketing activities towards shop owners and retailers.
Trade marketing Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting with various departments in order to evaluate the trade process and judge the right marketing strategies
- Make marketing plans targeting retailers
- Evaluate and study the trends of the market in order to form effective trading strategies
- Taking up marketing campaigns such as posting ads in magazines so as to
- Work closely with sales and marketing teams to execute marketing strategies
- Plan offers and discounts to promote sales
- Formulate creative strategies such as incentives to highest sellers and other such things so as to increase sales
- Ensure that sales targets are met
- Prepare budget for trade marketing
- Ensuring that the brand status of the company is upheld
Trade marketing Education, Training and Qualifications
For obtaining the job of a trade marketing executive, a person has to have a strong knowledge about targeting retailers. Education in sales and marketing is the basic requisite. Experience in sales and marketing departments is also a requisite.
Trade marketing Degrees, Courses & Certification
The most preferred degree is Master’s Degree in Business Administration with sales and marketing as the basic subjects. Trade marketing salesman is the entry level job. With experience and expertise, a person can scale to being trade marketing manager or trade marketing director. Courses in economics, mathematics, statistics and finance are also useful.
Trade marketing Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- A thorough understanding about sales and marketing strategies
- Ability to judge the trends of the market and propose effective marketing plans
- Ability maintain good interpersonal working relationships within and outside the company
- Good planning and organization skills
- Must be highly creative
- Excellent observation and analytical skills
- Strong understanding about the goods and services offered by the company
- Ability to work under stress and produce good results
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Trade marketing‘s Salary/Wage
The salary ranges between $60,000 to $110,000 per annum.
Category: Marketing Job Descriptions