Trainee Accounts Assistant Job Profile and Description
Trainee Accounts Assistant is an entry level position where the candidate assists the Chief Accountant and/ or the other members of the Accounting Department to keep the books of accounts and Balance Sheet and looks after any other accounting work like making vouchers, posting entries etc.
The most attractive thing about this position is the amount of training one gets as an apprentice in an Accounting firm or department, and the hands on experience that the position offers. The position can pave the way for holding more senior and responsible profiles in the company with more training.
Trainee Accounts Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Trainee Accounts Assistant includes:
- Preparing a list of customers
- Preparing and maintaining a database of all details pertaining to the customers.
- Ensuring that tax tables are updated and maintained properly for the calculation of taxes.
- Answer the clients’ queries on their doubts regarding their accounts and providing clarifications.
- The Trainee Accounts Assistant also provides information to clients about their outstanding balance, payments due dates etc.
- Prepare Transaction Reports for the management to track down clients’ position or current standing.
- Helps the management to establish credit worthiness of a client who has applied for a loan.
- Help a customer to open an account or even closing it by explaining how each is done and will affect the client.
Trainee Accounts Assistant Skills and Specification
The skills and specifications for a Trainee Accounts Assistant are
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for numbers where he is able to maintain correct
- Be able to analyse data from spreadsheets and prepare reports with it.
- Be able to manage time to suit the work at hand.
- Be a team player and be able to work in a team.
- A very keen sense of attention to detail
- Self-motivated person who can work independently
- A keen interest in business and accounts
- Be able to concentrate for long time
- Reasonable skills in word processing like MS word and Excel
Trainee Accounts Assis2tant Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications of a Trainee Accounts Assistant are:
- A high school diploma
- A Bachelors’ degree in Accounts and Book Keeping.
- An AS or A level in the subject of Book Keeping and accounts
Trainee Accounts Assistant Salary
The salary of a Trainee Accounts Assistant is US $ 20000 to US $ 30000 annually.
Category: Administration Job Descriptions