Travel Assistant Job Profile and Description
The job of the Travel Assistant is to provide all kinds of assistance and guidance to the clients regarding all the travel-related information. The travel assistant welcomes the clients and provides information on all the travel destinations, schedule and packages. The other tasks of the travel assistant are to arrange for the booking of tickets, accommodations and other assistance needed by the client for the travelling and also during the travelling. The travel assistant must help in preparing travel itineraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting and advising clients on travel information and helping them on selecting the best travel plan and schedule according to their needs.
- Answering phone calls from the clients enquiring on the travel information.
- Making arrangements for accommodation and booking tickets for the clients.
- Collecting payments and other transactions from the clients and maintaining the records pertaining to their travelling.
- Venturing into recent travel information, locating new areas of tour interest, and exploring them for a travel.
- Helping and contributing their ideas and the clients thinking in the process of formulating new travel packages and schedules.
- Travelling along with the clients, if need be to assist and help them in a comfort and easy travel.
Skills and Specifications
- Good management, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to travel a lot and work out of timings.
- Flexible to operate under pressure.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in tourism or travelling related subject.
- Prior working knowledge and experience in the same domain is an added advantage.
Category: Travel Job Descriptions