Travel Coordinator Job Profile and Description
The main responsibility of a Travel Coordinator is to coordinate and execute the travel plans and arrangements for the travelers smoothly. The job of the travel coordinator is to interact with customers, provide advice and insights about travel places and help them in selecting the best travel option. They must pay attention to travel-related information and must provide travelers, with tour guide and assistance, for their happy journey and hassle-free trip.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating with co-employees to provide the customers with the right travel-related information.
- Cooperating with the customers and advising them on the travel plans based on their needs and requirements.
- Reserving tickets in airlines, railways or other mode of transportation, that best suits the customer or traveler’s interest.
- Making arrangements for staying and transportation to the customers during their travel schedule.
- Arranging travel guides and assistance to the customers during their travel plan.
- Understanding the mind of customer and accordingly suggest travel plans and packages, if need be recommend for new and improved travel plans and packages.
- Getting payments and maintaining all travel related records and documents.
- Meeting clients and also representatives from airline, railways etc, to be updated on latest travel timings, ticket prices etc.
- Facilitating for the smooth and easy travelling of the customers by providing all kinds of services.
Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communicational (both verbal and oral) as well as writing skills.
- Good organizational, management and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to work out of work timings.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject, with interest in travel, tourism and hospitality sector.
- Prior working experience is an added advantage.
Category: Travel Job Descriptions