Travel Guide Job Profile and Description
The main responsibility of a Travel Guide is to guide the customers with travel information and advising them on selecting the travel plan that best suits their interest as well as budget. The job of the travel guide is to keep update knowledge on the information on places of travel and their historic as well as interesting tourism facts, so as to tell the customers about it. They must also devise and help in setting the travel strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greeting the customers visiting the travel organization, hearing them patiently, and providing them with the needed travel information.
- Guiding and advising them to select a better travel plan that suits their interests.
- Collecting and keeping an eye on the latest information on travel related information.
- Maintaining and updating the information on the places of interests and tour.
- Reserving tickets and accommodations for the customers during their travel schedule.
- Providing all the necessary help to the customers during the travelling as well as helping them in getting proper clearance documents before venturing on international tours.
- Recommending and setting new and improved travel packages and strategies based on the interest and response of the customers.
Skills and Specifications
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Interest in having a keen eye on details.
- Ability to interpret human minds.
- Potential and willingness to travel long distances and work in odd times also.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an equivalent degree in any subject, with interest in travel and tourism.
- Prior working experience in tourism industry is highly preferred.
Category: Travel Job Descriptions