Waiter Job Profile and Description
A waiter is a person that takes orders and serves food to customers in restaurants. A waiter can be either male or female, but in most cases the term is used to refer to a man. Each waiter is assigned a works station i.e. the tables that they are supposed to tend to and manage.
Duties and Responsibilities
A waiter job duties and responsibilities are similar to those of a bar staff and a waitress. They are:
- To give constant attention to the guests.
- Refill cups and glasses.
- Give menus to the guests.
- Explain the different meals that are offered at the restaurant.
- Carry a customer’s food to the tables.
- Collect payments from the customers.
- Prepare tables, clean and clear dishes.
- Set the table, filing of the salt and pepper shakers.
- Keep a net and pleasant appearance.
Skills and Specifications
A waiter job skills and specifications that are required to obtain a job as a waiter are:
- Have good work ethics.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Have a pleasant personality.
- Be a good listener.
- Be very knowledgeable on food.
Education and Qualifications
For a waiter job education and qualifications are superfluous, as on the job training is offered. You are also required to be a high school graduate and be of the age of 21 at least. In high-end restaurants, a certificate from a vocational school is required and having arithmetic knowledge is very important. You should also have some sort of experience in the field.
Category: Hospitality Job Descriptions