Warehouse Assistant Job Profile and Description
The profile of a Warehouse Assistant is administrative in nature and requires one to contribute towards systematizing and assisting in ensuring smooth functioning of all warehouse concerning activities. A warehouse assistant is required to work under the guidance and supervision of a warehouse manager or supervisor and carry out all orders effectively. Most warehouse assistants work in retail, aviation and manufacturing units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting the smooth functions relating to requisition, receipt, stacking, and dispatch of goods and supplies.
- Organizing the systematic storage of material
- Maintaining inventory of all supplies and making note of damaged goods etc.
- Performing all duties assigned by the warehouse manager or supervisor.
- Coordinating with transporters and suppliers for the dispatch and procurement of goods.
- Supervising the maintenance of warehouse tools and machinery.
- Following proper documentation and safety procedures of all warehouse functions.
- Supervising and overseeing the functioning of all subordinates.
Skills and Specifications
- Should have excellent organizational and regulation skills.
- Should have good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should possess the capability of following orders and completing the same in the assigned time.
- Ability to efficiently coordinate workings with internal and external workers of the company.
- Ability to efficiently manage time and meet all deadlines.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in trade administration, stocktaking, supply chain or any related field of study from an accredited institution.
- Post Graduate degree or a diploma in materials management, stock or bookkeeping or any other related discipline.
- Experience of about 2 to 3 in warehousing or retail field.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions