Warehouse Associate Job Profile and Description
The functions of a Warehouse Associate are that of completing and coordinating the day-to-day operational functions of packing, shipping, receiving and distribution of goods and supplies. A warehouse associate is required to work under the administration of warehouse manager and efficiently conduct all duties and responsibilities assigned. Most warehouse associates work in retail, aviation and production units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning the layout of the warehouse, and the other storeroom areas, in accordance with the turnover, volume, weight, and associated aspects of goods stored.
- Maintaining all warehouse inventory and records.
- Coordinating the activities of the warehouse staff and supervising the subordinates.
- Responsible for receiving, recording, issuing, and transporting the goods and supplies from the warehouse.
- Ensuring to meet all safety and storage regularities for housing of the goods and supplies.
- Completing all necessary documentation and legal formalities relating to the goods.
- Assisting in making inventory reports for evaluations and working under the direction of a supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to systematize efficiently storage related functions and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to take orders, meet targets and work efficiently under a supervising authority
- Should have the basic knowledge of using a PC
- Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent from a certified college, with basic business acumen.
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in retailing, warehousing, supply chain management or any related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Experience of 2 years in a warehousing facility is an added advantage.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions