Warehouse Clerk Job Profile and Description
Typically, the profile of a Warehouse Clerk is to assist in handling the daily administrative and organizational functions of a warehouse. A person with a clerical position in a warehouse is essentially required to maintain records of all activities and processes pertaining to the storehouse and conduct all duties as delegated by the warehouse supervisor. Such posts usually pertain to the retail, medical, aviation and other such units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recording and maintaining inventory of all goods and materials in the warehouse.
- Carrying out all tasks as assigned by the warehouse supervisor / manager.
- Keeping records of all documentation relating to the dispatch and receipt of goods.
- Assisting in the compliance of all legal procedures of procuring and dispatching materials.
- Filling material requisitions and order forms.
- Recording damage, loss, or surplus of goods and materials stored in the warehouse and reporting the same to the supervising authorities.
- Keeping record of service and maintenance of all warehouse machinery and equipment.
- Preparing of inventory balances, price lists, and other related documents.
Skills and Specifications
- Should possess strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Should have the ability to efficiently and effectively manage time and carry out orders.
- Should have the ability of coordinating with other departments of the organization.
- Should be compliant with all safety and legal documentation processes of a warehouse.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree or an equivalent qualification from an accredited institution.
- Diploma or certification in, bookkeeping, inventory management, or any other related field from a certified college.
Category: Warehousing Job Descriptions