Warehouse Coordinator Job Profile and Description
A Warehouse Coordinator is primarily recruited to oversee and manage the smooth functioning of a warehouse. In this job an individual requires to look into various aspects such as receiving, dispatch, packaging and sorting of goods and materials in the warehouse and managing all inventory related functions. Warehouse coordinators typically work under the guidance of a warehouse manager or supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping and maintaining accurate records of all the inventory and stock in the warehouse.
- Authenticating the goods in the received shipments and maintaining note of any discrepancies.
- Coordinating the receiving and dispatch of goods with transporters and suppliers.
- Ensuring the proper handling and storage of goods and supplies.
- Following all safety regulations and legal documentation norms pertaining to warehousing.
- Overseeing and supervising the working of warehouse associates.
- Allocating work shifts and delegating work to subordinates.
- Supervising the counting, labeling, and tag allocation on the houses goods.
- Following orders and completing all the assigned tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to efficiently network and coordinate works with transporters and suppliers.
- Ability to manage effectively time to meet targets and deadlines.
- Should have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have the knowledge of operating a PC.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma or a GED equivalent from a certified college.
- Bachelor’s or an associate degree in retailing, warehousing, supply chain management or any related discipline from an accredited institution, with a minimum of 2-4 years experience in a warehousing or retail facility.